Devastated market small business owners mostly women were seen this weekend salvaging what is left of their stalls at the Latri Kunda market in Serrekunda after a fire left about a half of the small farmers market in ashes.
The police and fire department officials said wrong electrical wiring caused a spark and the fire grew quickly engulfing nearby stores and stalls.
At least 75 stalls and business were affected, none of them insured.
Eyewitnesses said the market was congested as stalls were packed together making it difficult for firemen to reach certain parts in a timely manner.
Last week, bad electrical wiring also caused an inferno in the Brikama market destroying stalls and goods.